Re: British Motor Industry Heritage Trust Certificates Question

To: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@tvwireless.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: British Motor Industry Heritage Trust Certificates Question
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 10:06:40 -0000
Bill Brewer wrote:
>     So, I am home sick with pneumonia and thinking about something to perk
> me
> up. I was thinking of ordering a BMIHT certificate for my TR3A. It looks
> easy
> enough for the "heritage" certificate for 33 pounds, but there is
> something in
> there called a "dating letter" for 15 pounds. What's that? If my wife dug
> up
> some of my old dating letters I would have to sleep in my workshop (and
> probably end up with pneumonia).
>     I think that the "heritage certificate" should be all I need, right?
>
> http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/archive/certificate/default.htm
>
>     Also, I wish to state that it was December 13th when I began my annual
> rant about the pathetic-ness of the TR3 heater! After the email, I had a
> 102
> temperature for 10 days (and my step dad is a physician no less) and now
> double pneumonia. And you guys all thought I was joking! Man, I told you
> it
> was cold in that car.

Bill - sorry to hear about the pneumonia!

The BMIHT dating letter is (I think) more oriented for people who need this
information to prove the car was built on a certain date. Strangely, many
authorities will not accept the full BMIHT certificate as proof, or if they
do, they demand to keep the original certificate on their files and provide
the owner with a photocopy. Not quite the idea about issuing certificates
...?

Jonmac
(former BMIHT employee)

===     http://www.vtr.org