Re: Jets Stromberg 175 CD

To: chris.buckley@tz.knightfrank.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jets Stromberg 175 CD
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 09:30:45 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Buckley <chris.buckley@tz.knightfrank.com>

While replacing the perished O rings in my 1965 TR4A carbs, I thioght I
may as well check the diaphragm etc.. I took out the needle to discover
it has 1A stamped on the end and the jet has .100. According to the Moss
catalogue it should be 2A, 2E or 2H and according to the Haynes
Stromberg manual I have it should be 2H.
Can anyone tell me what effect the wrong needle will have on the
performance / consumption of the car and how important it is to have the
correct needle.

==AM==
I think Randall has pretty well covered this (gee, I hope it's ok to
say that and to give someone credit for providing information). But
just out of curiosity: was your car sold new there in Tanzania? If so,
could the needle be original or almost original to the car, having been
installed by the factory or by a dealer to compensate for local
altitude or fuel type or ????

How does the car seem to run, perished O rings notwithstanding? And
how's the fuel economy?

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>

===     http://www.vtr.org