Re: Rear bumpers

To: terryrs@adelphia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear bumpers
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 21:35:42 EST
In a message dated 12/18/2005 3:21:09 PM Central Standard Time,
terryrs@adelphia.net writes:
> Because the car didn't come with back bumpers, I don't have pictures of the
> assembly.  Is there supposed to be a tube welded to the back panel under the
> car?  ...Or does the replacement Distance Tube and other hardware somehow
> take
> the place?

Considering who put my car together last take this with a grain of salt but
when I took my bumpers off the tubes were held in place with extra long bolts
that reaced from the bracket through the tube to the frame.  The tubes were not
welded at all.  But those bolts were long.  7 or 8 inches as I recall.  Maybe
more, it's been a few weeks.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org