Re: caliper brake piston rust prevention

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>, "triumph"
Subject: Re: caliper brake piston rust prevention
From: <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 9:34:25 -0500
Paul,
I think it's a bad idea. Those calipers get very hot and you've got no idea
what the POR will do under the temperatures seen at the brakes. Did you buy the
SS pistons? If you did then depending upon the grade of SS rust may not be a
problem. The SS pistons negate the need for the chrome plating so I assume they
are of a grade that does not rust. I'd like to see a high grade plastic piston
made, does anyone know if one is available?
JVV

===     http://www.vtr.org