Re: TR3 heater rant

To: "Triumph Owners Digest \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 heater rant
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:23:43 -0000
> I remember reading somewhere that you need to open the vent to get
> sufficient air through the heater.  I know it seems counter intuitive.
> can't help on the lower than need temperature.  You might try a piece of
> cardboard in front of PART of your radiator.  You might also check the
> antifreeze level to be sure you have enough.  I had a vehicle whose heater
> would not get warm, and the reason was low coolant levels.

For *effective* use of the heater on any TR up to 6, always open the centre
top vent. Ensure you have the correct mix of anti-freeze, the water pump and
thermostat are working. What many of us overlook is that in the days when
the TR2 and 3 were in production, it was absolutely normal to blank off part
of the radiator. I do remember seeing TR2's with a full plastic cover across
their air intakes with two flaps in the cover to let in some of the cold
air. ISTR this was made by Bluemels and sold by the Parts Division as a
Stanpart Accessory. This applies to the UK but surely the same was done in
the US?

Jonmac

===     http://www.vtr.org