RE: TR-6 Differential

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR-6 Differential
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:00:30 -0800
>       The side bearings on my differential carrier can be easily
> removed, one side by hand
> and the other with a little effort with a puller. Would Loctite fix
> this problem?

Loctite makes products specifically for this type of thing.  I've had good luck
with RC609, but haven't tried it on diff carrier bearings.  They've since
introduced other products that might work better.
http://tinyurl.com/8zr3q
or
http://www.loctite.com/int_henkel/loctite_us/binarydata/pdf/LT3770v2_BearingMoun
ts1.pdf

> Would
> anyone braze the bearing on the shaft as a possible fix.

NO.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org