New owner of an old TR4 with questions..

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New owner of an old TR4 with questions..
From: "Randy&Val DeRuiter" <deruiterville@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:51:53 -0600
Hello-

Please forgive the inevitable new user questions here.  I've scanned some of
the triumph list archives but still have a  few basic questions.

I just bought a 64 TR4 from, believe it or not, the original owner, Comm
#30560 LO.  The car has been sitting for about 7 years, so aside from stuck
rear drums I will be trying to get the engine up and running as a first
priority.

But my first questions are about the body:  Outerr sills and floorboards
need patching/replacement.

Question 1:  Is it a stupid idea to try to do partial patching?  Rear
floorboards are in great shape, just the front is bad.  Hate to pull out
metal that doesn't need it.  Also sills only have a few trouble spots.

Question 2:  If question 1 wasn't a stupid idea, are there any sources for
partial patch panels - particularly sills?

Thanks,
Randy

former Spit, TR6 owner and now TR4 slave.

===     http://www.vtr.org