RE: TR3 calipers?

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 calipers?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:55:08 -0800
> Okay, you guys who really know your stuff on originality --
>
> Did the TR3 ever use a front brake caliper that did not have an
> external bridge pipe?

Well, kinda ... the change was during what we (mostly) call the TR3A, but
since the factory never officially called them that, technically it was
during the TR3 run.  But they fully interchange with the earlier design, so
it's not uncommon to find them on earlier cars.  The pads were still
retained by plates (like the earlier ones with the bridge pipe), but the
retaining plates and springs were different.  The retaining screw was moved
off-center (so it didn't run through the caliper split).  Same pads, pistons
& seals, though.

There's a nice drawing in the Moss catalog, might be on their web site too.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org