Re: Hard starting (when hot) TR6

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hard starting (when hot) TR6
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:05:07 EST
In a message dated 11/15/2005 10:06:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:

> interesting trivia that you might all know anyway -- I
> was most amused to discover that the engine will run at idle speed
> with NO dashpots and pistons on the carbs

Hmmm....that is interesting....something I never tried even just for kicks!
The engine vacuum must have been strong enough (despite a big gaping hole in
the air chambers where the air valves should be) to pull enough fuel past the
"needleless"  jets to keep the engine running.  Ha, ha, ha....I always thought
that these carbs were simple devices but you've really proved the point!

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA  USA

'76 TR6 CF57822U