spare tire lid seal

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: spare tire lid seal
From: Cliff Pike <cpike@cpass.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:53:25 -0500
Received a new spare tire lid seal and not sure of the correct
installation, the profile is square  with a lip extending off one
corner. Does this lip point toward the outside of the opening, which I
think is correct, or does it point to the inside of the opening with the
square section set into the groove? I hope this makes sense...
Is contact cement the accepted adhesive to use here?
Thanks for all the previous help.
Cliff Pike
1960 TR3A TS64232 presently being resurrected from TR wasteland
1966 Spitfire 4 MKII daily driver

--
www.cpass.net

===     http://www.vtr.org