Re: Words (was : overdrive lube) (no LBC content)

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Words (was : overdrive lube) (no LBC content)
From: Michael Porter <portermd@zianet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:34:56 -0700
Randall wrote:

>>My favorite in this regard (I actually had to find the definition for
>>this for a graduate research course) is "lounge lizard."
>>

>I can't help it, just gotta ask ... what kind of graduate research course
>required you to find the definition for "lounge lizard" ???

It was a required course for graduate English students in research
methods and library research skills.  We got names and phrases every
week, then were turned out in the library to find the sources.  That one
just happened to be in an older version of the Dictionary of American
Slang.  Yeah, the instructor had a sense of humor--and she liked reading
old trashy novels--I suspect that's where some of those treasure-hunt
items derived.  :)

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....

===     http://www.vtr.org