RE: Bentley for TR3?

To: "TR3n6" <kdttriumph@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bentley for TR3?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 20:42:23 -0800
>   After searching around, I see there is no Bentley
> manual for the TR3, as there is for the 6.

Actually there is.
http://www.bentleypublishers.com/product.htm?code=ytw2

TRF P/N 502602.
http://the-roadster-factory.com/

But both the Bentley reprint and the original shop manual come up frequently on
eBay.

Also, if you have a fast connection, you can go to
http://iai.eivd.ch/users/fwi/cars/
and download a scanned PDF copy.
Look for the "Some info on TR3 maintenance" link about halfway down the page.
Right click on the underlined link and select "save target to disc" or whatever
your browser calls it.  113Mb later, you'll have a Bentley on your hard drive.
(BTW, Acrobat 7 will stomp it down to under 50 Mb, which will let it load
faster.)

Lots of other good stuff there, too.

> What's the
> holy grail of repair manuals for the TR3A, and where
> can one find it?

If you have to have only one, I'd suggest the factory manual or a reprint.
Better, IMO, would be the factory TR2/3 manual, the Haynes TR2-4A (which is
being reprinted), and the TR4 factory manual.

But be warned that probably none of them will have exactly the right wiring
diagram for your car.  For that (and other things), you'll want a copy of the
right edition of the owner's manual for your car.  The Bentley has an owner's
manual in the front, but it's an early edition.

> Also, I'm looking for a spare parts
> catalog for the part numbers.

TRF 501653.  Before you order, ask about joining their "car club".  For $100 up
front, you get a $25 discount each month, on top of whatever specials they have
listed.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org