TR3A console wiring

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A console wiring
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 21:56:35 -0500
I am thinking thru my wiring.  From all of the diagrams it seems doable.  I
count about 15 connections from my wiring harness to the center instrument
panel, speedometer and tach.  I also count less than 10 internal wires going
from gauge to gauge, switch or bulb.  Are there special considerations,
precautions that I should take into account?  Is soldering permissable?
I've seen some units that have a stabilizer- is this necessary if I plan to
convert it to negative ground in the future?
    Finally, does the green flasher indicator go on the left or right side
of the fascia in my left-hand drive car?
Thanks,
Paul Dorsey,  60 TR3A  TS71318L

===     http://www.vtr.org