Re: feelings of dread

To: kentech@midmaine.com
Subject: Re: feelings of dread
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 07:36:01 -0400
On Wednesday 31 August 2005 10:26 pm, kentech@midmaine.com wrote:
> Thanks for all your responses and words of encouragement. This 10 plus
> year project has been/IS a lot of fun. I think I should ignore some of the
> things that keep me thinking about it too seriously and just have fun with
> it! Sure would be nice to hear it run but I can only work as time allows.
> I've successfullly built many engines in my years but maybe not quite as
> unique as a wet liner 4 banger with thrust washers and scroll rear seal.
> And I've been listening too closely to some suggestions as gospel rather
> than trying to read between the lines.
>
> So Uncle Jack, Joe, and others, THANK YOU! and I hope to see you in my
> ride sometime soon! PeterK

PeterK,

I am currently knee deep in my 4th Triumph car restoration. 2 previous 3a's
and a TR4. I also did my 74 T140V about 6 years ago but I must add that a
bike is much easier than a car.

THe current project is a TR4 and although my first TR4 was not as extensive as
this project I am optimistic about its outcome.

As in the past, I will try to keep everything "stock" as possible, with only
upgrades to wiring etc.

It has worked in the past and with this list as an limitless resource of
technical information and the availability of parts both on ebay and the
numerous retailers I carry on!

I do expect many bumps in the road, but I continue to make progress.

I expect the 4 to be complete in about 1.5 to 2 more years at the current rate
of progress.

I wish you well in your project and remember this list contains the knowledge
of many generations of LBC owners.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1963 TR4