RE: Engine runs but overheats

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Engine runs but overheats
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 22:01:49 -0700
> I also noticed that as it cooled off, I was able
> to add the last 2 quarts of water, so now Im wondering if maybe there
> was an air bubble?  Where do I start looking or do I just try it again
> tomorrow?

John, IMO you should just try again.  As others have said, you definitely had
air in the system, and at least some of it has worked it's way out now.

Open the heater valve fully, and see if the hoses to/from the heater matrix get
hot.  If they do, but the symptoms remain the same, you may have a failed
thermostat.

Randall