Re: Why do TR's sell for so little money?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why do TR's sell for so little money?
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:03:59 EDT
In a message dated 8/26/05 10:52:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
BearTranserv@aol.com writes:

<< I forget which year that just sold at auction for  $2
 million!  And the guy said he's since turned down $5M!  Lost of  crazy folks
 out there. >>

A lot of what drives this market are the baby boomers ( 1945 to 1962) with $
hitting retirement age.  I suspect the high auction prices are just a result
of two guys trying to show the room who is bigger.  If they were not at a auto
auction, they would be in Vegas dropping big money. _ It is all for show_.

It stands to reason American cars ( street rods and muscle cars ) would be
more popular now because they were more popular when these people were young. A
quick scan the production figures for USA built cars and imports will tell the
tale.

Buy what you like and can afford, then drive.