Re: Carb Backfire & Dashpot Drainage

To: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Backfire & Dashpot Drainage
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 17:40:12 EDT
In a message dated 8/22/2005 8:26:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org writes:

> How often do you top off your carbs? And where does that
> dashpot oil go? I'm using straight 50W Kendall oil.

Bob,

The oil seeps past a small o-ring at the bottom of the dashpot oil reservoir.
 The o-rings get brittle and hard with age (and heat) and don't seal
well.....replacing the o-ring in each carb will not only control your oil
consumption
but will allow you to adjust your carb mixture much easier because the needle
will turn easier with a fresh o-ring installed.

As for the backfire out of front carb.....could be lean mixture in the front
carb (check for vacuum leaks as well as mixture adjustment)....could be sticky
or stuck air valve (damper piston).....

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA  USA