Re: Drain Rear Differentil

To: "Richard" <rcrabbe@sympatico.ca>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Drain Rear Differentil
From: "Tim Hutchisen" <hakhutch@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 13:23:15 -0400
Crabby-
    I have done what you are proposing to do. I took my rear diff housing to
a machine shop and had them drill and tap for a pipe thread drain plug. I
used the same drain plug as the tranny fill plug and the oil pan drain plug.
(I forget the thread size and pitch). I located the drain in the back
housing of the diff, close to the mating surface. If you have it apart, you
will see there is a flat machined surface on the inside of the housing in
the area that I put the drain. There is plenty of thickness there to work
with. I have had this set up for numerous years, works great and the plug
does not hang any lower than the differential mating flange. It also looks
"factory installed". Works fine, even on these rough Maine roads............
Good luck,
Tim Hutchisen
71 TR6
70 GT6+