The Weenie, report and question

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Weenie, report and question
From: "Mike Barron" <mbarron37@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 06:43:22 -0500
Well, both the TR6 and the Bonnie have needed work so far this summer.
Yesterday I get into the Weenie (TR3) and she's running rough, dropping a
cylinder and then re-acquiring it, sometimes cleaning up when I pull the
choke, but other times not.   Has electronic ignition, so this could be the
problem, carbs old, probably needing overhauling.  Looks like an expensive
winter.

Questions for this great list:

1. Can you recommend a procedure for checking the carbs, cleaning, etc.  Also,
can you recommend someone to overhaul if I remove?  Any thoughts?

2.  If you have electronic ignition, can you shed some light on the
replacement of same, the car has an alternator, so do I need any other parts
other than the ignition box?

Please reply when convenient, I'm not going anywhere for a while ;-)

Mike
Mike Barron CPM GRI
166 Beach Drive
Lake Tapawingo, MO 64015