Re: VTR 2005

To: spitlist@cox.net, Dave1massey@cs.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR 2005
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 11:33:42 EDT
In a message dated 8/4/05 10:59:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time, spitlist@cox.net
writes:

> Since neither of may cars are built to factory standards, I don't think
> that is advisable.  Concours judging is for people who want to build a
> car that has all the flaws that the factory had produced.  I wanted my
> cars to actually perform well and be comfortable in addition to looking
> how I feel they should look.  Therefore, I took liberties far beyond
> what would ever buy e acceptable to a concours judge.

Joe,
Well, we have the Modified Concours Class for the "no rules" Triumph's and
they are eligible for BOS.  It must be a "Slam Dunk" you might say since the
Authenticity deductions on a Showroom Triumph effect the scoring but I am sure
it
will happen someday.  We are also working on expanding the Concours Modified
Class at VTR Nationals.  I can't say much now but look for the "Shape of
Things to Come."
How about that Spitfire 1500 BOS Triumph.  Not sure but this may be a first
for VTR. I know my good friend Bill McDivit was always saying that it would
never happen because we would not recognize the "little Triumph's."  Well, it
did
and I hope Bill gets the word and it help's him recover from his health
problems so he can once again return the his job of Spitfire Concours Judging
Team
Captain.
Warning: In Texas the featured Marque will be the GT6!  40th Anniversary, "A
Fastback is Born." I am going to turn it on and get my Signal Red 70 GT6+
DONE!  It will be a no rules Modified Triumph built for autocross.  Of Course
unless I find a way to get some seat time I will have to let my good friend
Triumph Bob Palmer drive it. He can still beat my best.
Cheers,
Darrell