RE: Alloy steering rack mount question

To: "'John Cohen'" <jmcoh@adelphia.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Alloy steering rack mount question
From: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 06:11:07 -0700
John,

My experience has been that the alloy mounts with the u-bolt broke when put
them on.  Not when they were tightened up all the way - when I tightened
them HAND TIGHT!  The thin part that goes on the top between the u-bolt and
the rack snapped in two.  If it broke at hand-tight, what happens when I
start driving!!!

The mounts that are on the Goodparts website are what I replaced the stock
mounts with, and they went on easily (ie without breaking!!).  I haven't run
the car, but the design is far superior to the u-bolt action of the
competition, IMHO.

Hope this helps!

Jeff
'66 & '67 TR4A