Re: TR3B Not Happy/Choice of Water Pumps?

To: <TR250Driver@aol.com>, <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3B Not Happy/Choice of Water Pumps?
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:02:24 -0400
> What is the latest on TR3 water pumps of choice?  At one time the repro's
> had
> small impellers which circulated less water and therefore caused hot
> running.
> I would prefer a stock one with grease jerk, but I could live W/O that.  I
> could just grind off the threads and super glue one on to give it that
> correct
> look! HA!  The 3B has a history of running hot so I need the best pump I
> can
> find.  I know I have a couple of stock cores in the parts heap.  Anyone
> know of
> a rebuilder?  I think I even have a rebuild kit somewhere.
> Thanks,
> Darrell

Darrell,

Ken Gillanders of British Frame and Engine has a water pump with hooked
impellers designed to flow more water through the system.  Supposed to be
pretty good.  It's what I've installed, but since I haven't started the
engine yet, I can't vouch personally for its efficiency.  But I can vouch
for Ken.  Very knowledgeable, very willing to share decades of experience on
the phone.  NFI.

Terry Smith
59 TR3A  Body still off the frame.  (...er, the car's, not mine....)
New Hampshire