Re: Tr6 under dash drainage tubes

To: ASesso@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tr6 under dash drainage tubes
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:15:23 EDT
In a message dated 6/19/2005 10:41:42 AM Central Standard Time,
ASesso@aol.com writes:
> I am about to reinstall the under dash drainage tubes that drain the area
> where the wiper wheel boxes are located. I can see where they insert under
> the
> dash but where do they exit the interior of the car? Can anyone help?

Are you talking about the tubes that go into the space between the inner and
outer fenders on each side?  These terminate in this space and the water will
drain out of the space between the two at the bottom.

Some have thought that a way to reduce fender rust is to extend these tubes
out the bottom but the only way to stop fender rust is a good coat of paint on
the inner surfaces.  I think these tubes emptying into this space is actually
a good thing.  When you consider the marginal seal that keeps the road spray
from the front tires out of that same space the relatively clean water from the
scuttle vent will help flush out the nasty stuff in the road spray that gets
in there.

But no matter, the factory figured the design would outlive the 7 year design
life and they were mostly right.  And since we NEVER drive our cars in the
rain....

Dave