RE: TR3A Flasher Lamp Assembly

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Flasher Lamp Assembly
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 08:17:16 -0700
> You left out one VERY important step, Randall!!
>
> Put a BLANKET on the floor below the side you are working on!!!

That's because I don't bother.  With my method, the lens never leaves my left
hand until after I've verified that it's firmly attached to the car.  I've even
changed bulbs at the side of the road, when someone pointed out it was burnt
out.

In 30 years I can only remember dropping a lens once, and it didn't break.
Those things are stout, and a TR3 isn't that far away from the ground anyway.  I
should probably take a picture of my wrecked TR3A ... the collision impact
pushed one of the turn lenses *through* the rear apron, but it doesn't look to
be broken.

Randall