Re: FW: Oregon coast

To: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>, "Triumphs"
Subject: Re: FW: Oregon coast
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 06:52:32 -0700
There is a fine dining restaurant at the coast called Tidal Raves that is
very good.  It's perched on the cliffs overlooking the ocean with a tiered
dining room so almost every table has a view.  During the entire meal, we
were entertained by whales frolicking offshore.  It was the highlight of our
trip.  YMMV, NFI
Tidal Raves 279 NW Highway 101, Depoe Bay 541-765-2995  On the ocean here in
Depoe Bay, the Raves boasts an outstanding seafood menu along with offerings
of a more bovine nature. All of this is accompanied by an excellent wine
list and a superb dessert menu, to be enjoyed while viewing surf and sunset.
The appetizers are worth the visit also (try the seahawk bread!). Lunch and
dinner are served daily in the summer. Check with us for hours in the
winter. Reservations are required almost anytime after 5:30 PM.

Another must see for me is a drive out the Columbia Gorge to Multnomah Falls
from Portland, stopping at the McMenamins brewpub in Troutdale.  And yes, a
winery tour would be fun.  Oregon Pinot Noirs have really gotten good since
I lived there 30 years ago.

Paul W. Torrance, Calif