David Vizard and mufflers

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: David Vizard and mufflers
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:01:24 -0400
I found this article on mufflers by David Vizard

http://popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/hardcore/0505em_exh/index.html

In it he states that you need 2.2 cfm per hp to achieve free flow in your
muffler (no back pressure
-- same as open pipe).

For our cars at 150 hp this would mean a muffler cfm flow of 330 or so.

He mentions Flowmaster, Dynomax, and Magaflow mufflers. Only Dynomax seems to
mention their cfm flow
and even for their more restrictive models (SuperTurbo at 410 cfm) it seems to
be more than adequate
for 150 hp. So it would seem to me that any of these mufflers would work well.

http://www.dynomax.com/superturbo.stm

Has anyone had any experience with these mufflers and which ones sound most
like a Triumph. I
understand Flowmaster has a distinctive sound, but have never heard one in
person.

I am inclinded toward the Dynomax SuperTurbo.

Don Malling