Diff Pins and Tie Rod Ends - TR4A

Subject: Diff Pins and Tie Rod Ends - TR4A
From: "Guy D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:04:04 -0500
Got some work done today on the little car.  During the course of
mounting the diff I learned that the rear mounting pins are stripped and
I cannot tighten up the mounts; ergo I need to replace the pins.  Can
anyone recommend a supplier of these pins?

On another note, the Bentley manual offers no specs on how tight to
torque the nuts on the pins.  Anyone have a read on this?

Lastly, I cannot for the life of me, even with a BFH, get the tie rod
ends out of the steering arms.  Anyone have a clue on how to safely
remove these?

Peace be with you!

Guy D. Huggins

"Life isn't about having, it's about being.."