TR6 front suspension

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 front suspension
From: "Ian Viles" <ian.viles@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 10:40:39 +0100
I've just re-built front suspension with new parts (trunnions, all
bolts/nuts, stub axles, Superflex bushes etc).  But I'm getting conflicting
advice on a couple of issues:

1. Tightening wishbone bolts - can this be done with the car off the ground?
I've been told I must do this with the car on the ground with 2 people
sitting in the car. Another mate says it doesn't matter because the
Superflex bushes are sleeved.
2. Trunnion big bolts / castellated nuts - tighten to 55 ft lb? or tighten
till stiff and back off one flat for endfloat? The latter is what Haynes
manual says if I interpreting it correctly.
3. I've also put both big trunnion bolts in from the front, rather than one
from front and one from back - does this matter?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
Ian Viles (Derbyshire)
73 TR6