Re: Surging rev-counter

To: "Steven Newell" <steven@newellboys.com>,
Subject: Re: Surging rev-counter
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 00:17:34 +0100
Steven Newell wrote:
>  From my experience with wacky rev counters or speedos on various cars,
> I'd guess it's a binding cable.

I wish it was a binding cable, Steven - but between your TR4 and my 2.5PI,
Standard-Triumph moved into the rocket science age and fitted *most* of
their cars with errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlectric rev counters. Such is my good
fortune!
But wait, there's more of an instrumental but not musical topic. I
discovered today that the PO fitted oil pressure gauge (in a nice location
to make it look part of the factory set-up) doesn't have the ability to
light itself up at night. It's not so much a question of a blown bulb /
blocked bulb holder / faded celluloid window - there just ain't no way of
illuminating it at night.at all.
Guess whose logo is on the front? Joseph Lu........

Jonmac