RE: Plug wire and Spark Plug ???'s

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Plug wire and Spark Plug ???'s
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:03:54 -0800
> My question is: what are the consequences with going from resistor wire to
> copper and/or going from resistor plugs to non-resistor plugs or vice versa!

The only way the switch will affect performance is if the carbon core wires were
deteriorated or defective.  Of course you'll get a lot more RFI with the
non-suppressor wires.

> What happened?

In my case, with the TR2-4 cap that pierces the wire instead of the clip-on cap
used on the TR6, switching to solid core wires meant that my plug wires lasted
decades instead of months.  In fact, the wrecked car is literally still wearing
a set of "hybrid" wires that I bought back in the mid-80s (from JCW).  Sure wish
I'd had the sense to buy a few more sets, as they're no longer available that I
can find.  These were solid-core wires, with suppression resistors encapsulated
in silicon rubber spark plug boots.

Randall