RE: Help with TR3 headlight rim

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Help with TR3 headlight rim
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:57:45 -0800
> I am not sure what the puller tool is.  Is it just a screwdriver with a bend
> to it so that it will fit properly or even similar to a brake adjust tool?

I was referring to the tool used to pull the trim ring off.  Basically a length
of flat metal, with a lip at one end that can catch under the trim ring.

Not having an original one, I heated and bent an old hacksaw blade, then ground
the teeth off and wrapped it in electrical tape to avoid scratching the paint.

For pushing the tab in, you could also use a small flat-blade screwdriver, if
it's long enough.  Needs to be pretty thin though, to slip through the gap.

Randall