RE: carb overflow tubes

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: carb overflow tubes
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:00:10 -0800
> I am not sure how to ask this question, but here goes.Where should the
> overflow tubes be terminated? It appears from photos that they terminate in
> the filters.

It helps if you tell us what car you're talking about.  Assuming this is a
TR2-early TR4 with H6 carbs, yes, the original setup was that the end of the
tube touched the mesh in the air filters.  IMO this is a bad idea, so my TR3A is
fitted with lengths of fuel line that direct any overflow to the ground away
from the exhaust.  The Stag is still fitted with the lines that connect the
vents to the filter housing.

Randall