RE: Fuel Line (TR4)

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel Line (TR4)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:17:19 -0800
> One thing I can say: you won't find the right fittings at your local
> hardware or car parts store. I spent hours trying, as have others on the
> list. If you need them, order the lines new from Moss or TRF if they
> carry them.

The problem is not the line itself, it's the compression sleeve.  Last time
I asked, neither Moss nor TRF had a source for proper compression sleeves.
Here's an article by Scott Suhring on one way to deal with this problem :
http://www.cptc.org/tech_tips/Fuel_line_compression_fittings.htm

I turned up a special nut on the lathe that works with the standard
compression sleeve ... someday if I run out of more interesting things to
do, I might make a batch of them & sell them.  But I'm afraid it won't be
any time soon.

Randall