RE: Won't start, out of ideas

To: tr3driver@comcast.net ("Randall"), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Won't start, out of ideas
From: Aledotr6@aol.com
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:07:26 -0500
Randall,

After I found TDC on the number one cylinder, I connected a volt meter to the
distributor low tension lead to the coil and set it at 10 deg BTDC just as the
voltage dropped. I checked that the dog gear was in the correct position before
I but the dizzy back on.

I checked spark by pulling every plug wire and connecting to a spare plug.
Watched for spark against the block. Every wire had good spark.

I'm not sure what you mean by "verify timing mark by piston movement on number
six". Can you elaborate?

Thanks,
Bud

> It's set at 10 degrees
> BTDC static with number one firing. I determined number one firing by feeling
> for compression as that cylinder approached TDC.

How did you check the timing and the spark ?

Have you tried to verify the timing mark against piston movement (preferably on
#6) ?

I'm thinking bad condenser, or bad fuel, or maybe fouled plugs combined with
something else.

Randall