RE: TR4/4A turn signal switch wiring question/column ground

To: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4/4A turn signal switch wiring question/column ground
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:29:34 -0800
> I have a brown with no stripe coming from the turn signal switch,

Are you sure it doesn't come from the main lighting switch ?

> From looking at the diagram, I am thinking that it
> connects in with the brown w/blue stripe wire coming from the switch that
> does have a corresponding connection on the harness.  Any takers on this
> one?

My schematic shows only green/brown, green/red and green/white coming from the
turn signal switch.

Assuming you're wiring the main lighting switch, my schematic shows the solid
brown from the switch should go to green/brown in the harness (which supplies
power from terminal A4 on the fuse block).

Best solution might be some electrical tests : the "flash to pass" feature
should connect the brown wire to the blue/white inside the switch.

We've had this debate before, the schematic shows the blue/white wire tied to
the blue wire, which means the "flash to pass" does nothing when the headlights
are on.  Some TR4A apparently have a separate blue/white wire all the way to the
dip switch, which allows the "flash" to activate the high beams even when the
low beams are on.

Randall