Re: Eng/Tranny ID

To: "Triumphs Digest (triumphs-digest@autox.team.net)"
Subject: Re: Eng/Tranny ID
From: "Heglund, Davis (MN17)" <davis.heglund@honeywell.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:48:14 -0700
OK.  Mystery solved. I took a much harder look at the engine (difficult 'cuz
it's leaned up against a wall, wrong way, of course), removed the
accumulated grime, and lo-and-behold, there was a stamped number with the
right prefix in the normal range for a TR4,  CT64423E.  The tranny, instead
of GTxxxx, must be CTxxxx.
Thanks for all the replies, and the patience while I searched for my butt.
;-)   Next thing is to clean it up a bit and put a for sale sign on it
(eBay, maybe).  Compression is 120 to 145, and yes, it did run, if anyone is
interested.
Dave H   '69 GT6