Re: It seems to be that time of year again...

To: "R. Ashford Little II" <70tr6@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: It seems to be that time of year again...
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:50:18 +0000
On Monday 24 January 2005 11:52 pm, R. Ashford Little II wrote:
> I received a new submission to last year's "Garagemahall" photo collection
> and given the rather in climate weather that much of the country is
> experiencing, it seems a good time to revisit this topic. So, the question
> is, have you been naughty or nice in your garage lately?  I'm especially
> interested to see some of our brethren from the truly cold areas of the
> country.  It's been cold here in Atlanta lately, but nothing compared to
> what some of you are going through.
>

> For those of you who may be new to the list, last year my mind was
> wandering during the cooler months about what our garages might look like.
> The night before I had seen an episode of "Dream Car Garage" and they
> featured two gentlemen from Canada who had garages that were nicer than our
> homes.  They had their British cars and motorcycles prominently displayed
> with
> memorabilia on the walls, floors you could eat off of, and one even had a
> recreation of a British pub.
>

> Well, I don't think that any of us have that type of disposable income, but
> we do have our own work spaces and we do actually work on our cars.  So, on
> the following website you will find what some of our "Garagemahalls" look
> like - http://www.ralittle2.com/garagemahall.htm.  I welcome any and all
> new submissions, and unlike the guys on TV, the more in disarray the
> better.
>

> Btw, last year's winner, or at least in the top three was Todd Bermudez.  I
> haven't seen what type of damage he's down lately, but when I passed
> through earlier this year I'd have to say that he may be in danger of being
> dethroned.
>

> Cheers, and stay warm.
>

> R. Ashford Little II
>
>  <http://www.ralittle2.com> '70 TR6

I dont think it would do any good to see a picture of my garage at this time.
2 weeks ago I packed in my new project, a '63 TR4, in my already very "busy"
garage. The 3 and my 2 bikes are in the "work area" all covered for the
winter. All the "garage" tools are in the house in order to make room.

If the weather ever warms up here in central NY I will be able to get in the
garage and take a few photos. I will submit them only to show what can be
"packed" into a 1.75 stall garage if need be. I will uncover the bikes and
car to make the photo more apealing.

When spring arrives and I can drive the 3 to my mothers garage, the
restoration will begin. At that point I will have my garage re-arranged for
the task. At that time a new photo will be taken and submitted.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1963 TR4
1974 T140V