Re: mirror

To: yellowtr@adelphia.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: mirror
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:15:44 EST
In a message dated 1/16/2005 8:03:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
yellowtr@adelphia.net writes:

What is  the correct outside mirror for a early 63 TR4? I have seen both
the bullet  and the traditional (TR3) Lucas. Should there be one on both
sides?

===========
At risk of being only one of the first in a long series of responses...  :-)

Frankly, for "US-spec" cars of the era, there is NO ONE CORRECT outside
mirror, mostly because not that many states required them at the time. I'm not
big fan of the bullet-style mirror on TR4s (and they mostly make for LOUSY
passenger side mirrors anyway), but that's my preference. The "Lucas" style of
mirror just looks better to me on these cars, and it will work much better on
the passenger side as well.

One reasonably popular dealer-installed (and/or aftermarket accessory)
mirror can be seen at the following link:
_http://members.aol.com/herald948/mirror.htm_
(http://members.aol.com/herald948/mirror.htm) .  This is the mirror shown
in some mid-1960s Triumph accessory brochures as  Triumph part number V450;
arguably that makes it as nearly "correct" as  anything. ;-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)