RE: Opinion Poll - Shop Manuals

To: "'jonmac'" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, <AMfoto1@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Opinion Poll - Shop Manuals
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:49:52 -0000

John,
I can provide two possible explanations of "closeting" the gearbox. It most
likely refers to an owner's denial that his or her gearbox does not work as
others do. "Coming out of the closet" would be admitting to the world that
the gearbox does in fact have issues (though the gearbox itself may well be
perfectly happy the way it is!).
Equally, a "Skeleton in the closet" would refer to the fact that the
closeted gearbox had something amiss because of the DPO (dumb PRESENT
owner's) ineptitude with a previous repair.
Hopefully that's cleared up for everyone,
Cheers,
Bill.

http://www.rarebits4classics.co.uk