TR3A SU Rebuild update

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3A SU Rebuild update
From: "John A. Wise" <Wise@erau.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:51:30 -0700
First, thanks for all the feedback and advice on my questions last
night regarding the unequal lengths of the jets with the chock full
on.

I decided to take the carbs back off and adjust the link between the
mixture arms.  After a few extra turns on the adjustable link, I
tried the choke and both jets came down the same amount!  :-)

In addition the car started very quickly (after the carbs filled with
fuel) and ran smoothly.  After following the procedure for adjusting
the carburetors all seems to runs well.

BTW the answer to question about the the number of flats several
people pointed out that the initial setting is two full turns which
is 12 flats.

Again thanks to all and have great New Years Eve!

John
John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE
5483 W Potter Dr
Glendale, AZ 85308