RE: De Vilbiss Air Compressor Settlement

To: <LaJoMor@aol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: De Vilbiss Air Compressor Settlement
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@nexant.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:39:30 -0600
> Today I received this settlement notice in the mail concerning a law
> suit/claim against the De Vilbiss Company. I remember sending
> in the info but not the
> date etc. I do remember that the settlement didn't involve a big $$$$
> settlement...instead the settlement items are products made
> and offered by DeVilbiss.

At the risk of starting a non-LBC thread on the validity of class-action
lawsuits, I would like to point out that the settlement does, in fact,
involve big $$$, but they go to the lawyers that brought the suit, while we
get a roll of teflon tape.  I hate this aspect of our legal system and I
refuse to claim my share of the pie, which amounts to half a crumb compared
to the major slice the lawyers get, in protest of this abuse of the legal
system.  I may be cutting off my nose to spite my face but I do sleep
soundly at night.

Michael J. Marr, P.E.
Naperville, IL
1960TR3A