Re: Rechroming a TR3A Gas Cap

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rechroming a TR3A Gas Cap
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:21:19 EST
In a message dated 12/22/2004 3:21:32 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
ahwahnee@cybertrails.com writes:

>From  someone who has had their gas cap rechromed...

To have this done will  I need to separate the cap from the base or can a
replater work with a  hinged item?  Looks like a roll pin there in the
hinge area.   This is the early style cap that threads on to the  extension.

George,  I had mine rechromed last spring.  All bits were  separated.  Don't
forget to have them rechrome the release button.   Separating the parts makes
it easier to clean everything up nice and  pretty.

Enjoy that new cap!

Bill Stagg
1960 TR3A, Indianapolis