RE: Restoring Bakelite

To: "triumphs@Autox.Team.Net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Restoring Bakelite
From: John & Patricia Donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 19:31:59 -0800
I know this seems stupid, but I smothered my bakelite ashtray in motor oil for
an hour or so. Then wiped it off, and it turned out great. The finish has
stayed for the last 6 months. And, if it fades again then a little 30 weight is
a cheap easy fix.

Sorry, I haven't tried the synthetic stuff. :)

John