Re: TR4 upper fascia support bracket

To: Andreas and Jim <diggle@clear.net.nz>, Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 upper fascia support bracket
From: Bill McLeod <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 14:48:51 -0700
If it appears to be too tall to fit, it is because the dash sags a bit
without the bracket to hold it up.  A jack or a strong friend to push
the dash up is all that is required.
I have also had some luck with putting the entire bracket together,
letting the feet sag out toward the seat rails, tethering the top at the
dash, and then forcing the feet forward along the floor until they are
in position.  I don't remember for sure, but this may require removing
the shifter.  The upper bracket bellies out toward the rear of the car.
Take care
Bill