Re: TR6 exhaust systems (eventual return of LBC content)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 exhaust systems (eventual return of LBC content)
From: Pete Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 08:51:52 -0800
Kai:

Jim Barbuscia never mentioned who the eBay seller was, just that it
was available on eBay and that the manufacturer was Bell. For all
Fred or any of the rest of us know, it's just some hosehead off the
street who happens to have one of these systems lying around in his
garage. That you happen to have independent knowledge of the identity
of the eBay seller is interesting, but not particularly relevant.

Regardless of how precarious you perceive TRF's solvency to be, they
are MORE LIKELY to be around to facilitate a warranty claim in, say,
five years, than a faceless, nameless eBay seller. Most lifetime
warranties, after all, are not transferrable.

That, essentially, was Fred's point. You go with the "devil you know"
rather than the "devil you don't know". Therefore, there is NOTHING
factually incorrect about Fred's statement. Fred was going on the
information that he had, and was offering advice that was in Jim's
best interest. That, after all, is what we're all here for.

If you want to kindly point out, based on your independent knowledge
of the eBay seller in this particular case, that you believe the
seller WOULD be faithful in honoring warranty claims and that Jim
shouldn't let that scare him away, then by all means, do so. But
don't jump down someone's throat and accuse them of making false
statements when they clearly have done nothing of the kind. And also,
don't pretend that you are somehow the ultimate arbiter of what is
"factual".

And Jim, if you're still reading, I purchased a Falcon 'stock' system
3 or 4 years ago and I've been quite happy with it. It fit reasonably
well and I think it sounds fantastic at any rpm. It's interesting
that others have such a different opinion about the sound. It makes
me wonder how these systems are manufactured, and whether there is a
lot of variance internally from one unit to the next. It seems like
this would have to be the case to account for the wide array of
opinions about the sound.

--
Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6