Fastening outer sills - TR2/3 version 0.80j on localhost

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fastening outer sills - TR2/3 version 0.80j on localhost
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 08:52:37 -0500
Hello List:
Just looked at a post from Barry Schwartz offering some advice on fastening
outer sills to a TR3. Barry did not recommend using plug welds to do this.
I am looking at my new outer sills and was thinking of drilling a series of
1/8" holes along the lower edge and use those to plug weld to the bottom
lip of the inner sill. I thought this might be a better method to use
rather than running a bead along the lower edge of both the new outer sill
and the inner sill.
Any advice on this? I thought plug welds were not a bad way of attaching
panels wherever you could do it.
Thanks,
Angelo Graham
'55 TR2