Dan's Harness & Anti Run-on HELP NEEDED

To: "'TR'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dan's Harness & Anti Run-on HELP NEEDED
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:20:36 -0500
Cc: <DANMAS@aol.com>
I've started the installation of Dan's Wiring Harness and, for those
interested, they can follow along on my web site from the "wiring harness"
link on the main page. If you haven't actually seen Dan's harness, I think
the pictures will give you a real good idea of its quality.

Now for the HELP NEEDED part :-)

In running the new wires to the right side of the car, I found that one of
the existing wires for the anti run-on valve was barely hanging on by a
thread. By the time I removed the Carbon Canister to get access to the
valve, the wire was completely broken off
(http://pages.cthome.net/BobD/running_the_wires_under_the_hood.htm). I don't
even know if the valve still worked as my air pump and assorted plumbing
have been long gone. My plan for now is to run the new wires to the valve
and just tape them in place. Once the car is back together I'll see how it
runs. Does anyone have any words of wisdom they can offer up? Is this even
worth worrying about?

Thanks for any help

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6