RE: installing TR3 floorpan

To: "'dorpaul@negia.net'" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: RE: installing TR3 floorpan
From: "McEwen, Art" <Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:20:18 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
> As you may know, I am putting new floorpans and sills in my TR3A.

I farmed the floorpan work out to a local body shop a few years ago and they
did a pretty good job, the floors are even to each other to the naked eye,
but when I went to put the gearbox tunnel back in place I had an absolute
B%*@# of a time getting it to line up on both sides at once.   The holes in
the tunnel wouldn't line up with all the cage nuts because both sides
weren't true for/aft and height wise.

If I had to do it over again I'd test fit the tunnel cover while the floor
pans were still just clamped in place...

Art.