[no subject]

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Triumphs List)
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:43:28 +0000
I have a triumphtune cam that was installed by a shop whom I no longer fully
trust.  I need to know how to check the cam timing.  I see in the catalog that
it needs to be set at 108 atdc as the point where the #1 intake valve is fully
open.

So, with a degree wheel, set to zero at #1 TDC on the compression stroke, then
rotate to 108 atdc (on the intake stroke) at which point I should be seeing the
intake valve being fully open?  Is this correct?

I take it I need to have the engine out of the car and the crank pulley off to
install the degree wheel?

-Tony