RE: Ignition Warning Light Wiring

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ignition Warning Light Wiring
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:20:53 -0700
> It's the brown wire with a yellow stripe.  I guess my question
> is, does the
> wire from the ignition warning light run all the way to the
> control box and
> connect to terminal D separately from the wire from the
> generator,

Kurtis, I don't own a TR4, but I'm fairly certain it's similar to the TR3 in
this area.  The wires to the generator are in a completely separate
sub-harness (just two wires wrapped together) and do not connect to the main
harness.  The generator wires connect only to the D and F terminals on the
control box, and the D and F terminals on the generator.

Thus, the wire from the warning light (which does run through the main
harness) is a separate wire, and they are joined only at the D terminal on
the control box.

> I was
> just curious about the second wire at the control box, since it doesn't
> appear to me that my wiring harness has ever been apart at that point.

I'd be more curious about how your generator is connected into the circuit,
since you apparently don't see the sub-harness to the generator.

Randall

Check out the new British Cars Forum: